There are new rules for taking pets to the EU after Brexit.
To take your pet to the EU after Brexit you need to start preparing four months before you travel by visiting us for advice.
Complete the following steps:
- Ensure your pet is microchipped and that the microchip is working and registered. We can check this for you.
- Ensure your pet’s rabies vaccination is up to date.
- Ensure you schedule an appointment with us at least 30 days after your pet’s rabies vaccination for a blood test to check that it’s worked.
- Wait three calendar months after a successful blood test before travel.
- Return to a Vet within ten days of travel for an animal health certificate.
- If your pet’s vaccinations are kept up to date you won’t need to repeat the blood test for each journey.
For full information, click here.