Terms & Conditions
1. All fees are payable at time of treatment, time of collection of medication or collection of or for your pet.
2. Payment is acceptable in the form of credit/debit cards (Maestro/Solo/MasterCard/Visa/Visa Delta/Visa Debt/AMEX) in person or online, cash payments or BACS transfer.
3. If you have Pet Insurance, we can assist in claiming the cost of treatment back for you. For more information, click here.
4. We reserve the right to withdraw treatment due to lack of payment, this may result in Veterinary treatments being withheld and released on limited bases and at the discretion of the Vet and for medical reasons. ‘Wallace Veterinary Centres’ cannot be held responsible for adverse effects on the animal due to failure of the owner to administer the appropriate medication (for whatever reason).
5. The settlement of the full cost of any treatment or procedure is the responsibility of registered client to whom any charges have been applied to the medical record of any of their register pets. This cannot be transferred or invoiced to a third party. Any dispute in the responsibility of the cost of treatment would be a civil dispute between any two parties and not the responsibility of ‘Wallace Veterinary Centres’.
6. ‘Wallace Veterinary Centres’ reserve the right to apply an administrative charge for non-forthcoming late payments. We also retain the right,after due notice, to refer non-paying clients to a debt collection agency to recover all monies due, including all associated costs in doing so.
7. ‘Wallace Veterinary Centres’ is comprised of Wallace Vets Limited and Wallace Vets of Broughty Ferry Limited.
Our Fixed Price Promise
Since 2004 we’ve believed in offering high quality independent veterinary healthcare at an affordable price. To that end, our Fixed Price Promise now offers even more value to our clients for most surgical and dental procedures. The price that you are quoted is the price that you pay, including all take-home medication, with no surprises.
This is also backed by a surgical complications guarantee, covering any complications which may arise from surgery for two weeks after. During this time we will undertake any medical or surgical treatment to resolve any complications within those 14 days at no additional cost to our clients, providing our full post-operative instructions have been followed and medication has been given as directed, including and not exclusive to; limiting movement and activities, use of buster collars, etc.
For Fracture Repairs and MMP Tibial Tuberocity Advancement surgery, our Fixed Price Promise includes:
- Pre-operative X-rays
- Post-operative Consultation and X-rays, six weeks post-surgery.
Post-operative meniscal injuries are not covered by our Fixed Price Promise.
Estimates for the Cost of Treatment
Estimates can be provided as guidance for cost of a course of treatment or a surgical procedure.
Any estimate given is an approximate cost and may not include any additional costs which cannot be predicted at the outset.
We will make every reasonable effort to discuss any such additional costs wherever possible.
Estimates are valid for 30 days and may not reflect the final costs incurred.
Whilst we make every effort to send out reminders for appointments, flea, tick, worming treatments and annual vaccinations, the responsibility to attend appointments and keep pets up to date remains with the owner. Please be aware that pets traveling abroad may require Rabies vaccination boosters – so please keep a personal record of when this is due.
Premier Pet Care Plan – administered by Premier Vet Alliance
The Agreement between you and your veterinary practice
Welcome to your payment plan from your veterinary practice. The agreement you have with your practice means you can enjoy the benefits of preventive healthcare for your pet(s).
Your payment plan is administered by Premier Vet Alliance Limited (“Premier Vet Alliance”) for and on behalf of your veterinary practice. Premier Vet Alliance’s role is to provide administrative services to support the contract between you and
your practice. This includes passing your payments onto your practice on a regular basis. Please remember, your Contract is between you and your specified veterinary practice and is not transferable to another. However, if you are considering changing your practice please contact Premier Vet Alliance who will advise you on how to re-register, ensuring your pet’s health is not compromised.
The following points make up the ‘terms and conditions’ of your Contract with your veterinary practice and are effective from 1stAugust 2015. These are very important and we strongly advise that you read through them carefully, and keep them in a safe place, so that you can refer to
them in the future, should you wish to. These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with your practice’s leaflet and any practice-specific notes or requirements in the leaflet will form part of these terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict, your practice’s leaflet and any practice-specific notes or requirements in the leaflet will prevail.
1. Explanation of terms used
In this Agreement, ‘your Contract’ means the contract formed between you and your veterinary practice which you have signed and which comprises these terms and conditions, your Application Form and your practice’s leaflet; and ‘your veterinary practice’ and ‘your practice’ means the veterinary practice named on Premier Vet Alliance’s Application Form.
2. Plans, categories and fees
The cost, content and delivery of the goods and services paid for by your Contract are set by your practice. There is no insured benefit under your Contract. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR CONTRACT IS NOT AN INSURANCE POLICY.
3. Treatment to which you are entitled
Your Contract entitles your pet to receive routine treatment required to maintain your pet’s health, as prescribed by your veterinary practice. A list of inclusions is available from your practice.
4. Treatment to which you are not entitled
Your Contract is limited to the provision of routine preventive health care and only entitles your pet to the treatment required to monitor its health, as specified by your practice.
5. Treatment by another veterinary practice
Your Contract is with your practice. Where you choose for your pet to have routine care or treatment provided by a practitioner independently of your practice, your pet will not be covered by your Contract.
You must pay your monthly fee by Direct Debit in favour of Premier Vet Alliance as collecting agent for your practice. Any other amounts due to your practice for treatment not covered by your Contract are payable directly to your practice. Your liability to pay the monthly fee continues until your Contract is ended in accordance with these terms and conditions and no refund of fees will be allowed except in the case of administrative error or death of the pet or client.
7. Alteration of monthly fees and categories
Your practice will normally review your pet’s monthly fee once a year. Your pet’s monthly fee will also change as different age and weight thresholds are reached. Should your pet’s fees change, you will be given at least one month’s written notice.
8. Direct Debit changes
Following a decrease in monthly fee or variation in discount available to you, your Direct Debit will be changed at the next available collection date. Where you are given notice of an increase in your monthly fee, your Direct Debit will be changed at the end of the notice period, unless in
the meantime you end your Contract. If you need to change your bank details or any collection dates please contact us 3 working days prior to the due date for collection and we will make the change without charge. We will charge an administration fee of £10 if any of your Direct Debit
payments are returned to us unpaid.
If your Contract is an annual contract it will be automatically renewed by us at the end of your Contract year, subject to a charge of £1.50 which will be collected via your Direct Debit payments. If you do not want to renew your Contract for a further year then you must provide us with not less than 21 days’ notice prior to the end of your Contract year.
If your Contract is a monthly contract, no renewal fee will apply and your Contract will continue from month to month until it is ended and we will continue to collect your monthly payment until your Contract is ended.
10. Your responsibilities
You are responsible for ensuring your pet(s) attend(s) the practice regularly and that you comply with the advice and treatment your veterinary practice prescribes for your pet(s). You are responsible for ensuring that all preventative treatments included in your plan are collected and administered and that vaccinations are kept up to date within the annual term of your plan. If, in the reasonable opinion of your practice, they are not able to maintain your pet’s health due to any act or omission on your part, your practice may end your Contract immediately by giving notice to that effect. If your personal details change or your pet is lost or deceased, you should notify your practice and/or Premier Vet Alliance. Missed treatments will not be refunded as part of your plan.
11. Ending your Contract
You may cancel your Contract by contacting Premier Vet Alliance or your practice giving not less than 21 days’ notice, expiring on the last day for which payment has been made. The practice may end your Contract by giving you written notice expiring on the last day of a month, after not less than one month’s notice.
Early termination of your contract within the first 11 months may result in the cost of the medications dispensed not being covered by your monthly contracted payments.
We will work out the cost of the dispensed medication against the total of your monthly payments. If the cost of the medication is greater the difference may be applied to your account as an outstanding balance.
If we are unable to collect your monthly payment we will inform you accordingly and attempt to collect the payment from your account within 10 days. You will be charged a £10 administration fee if any of your Direct Debit instalments is returned to us unpaid. Your Contract will be terminated if you default on 3 successive payments.
If Premier Vet Alliance (acting on behalf of your practice) agrees to refund your fees for whatever reason, your registration for those months will be treated as unpaid and the conditions relating to non-payment will fully apply to you.
14. Variation of these terms and conditions
The terms and conditions of your Contract may be varied on one month’s written notice given to you by us. If you do not wish the Contract to continue having regard to any variation notified to you, you may end it as detailed in condition 11. If you do not do this by the time the notice expires, you will be deemed to have accepted the variation.
15. Contract not transferable
As your Contract is between you and your practice alone, you may not transfer it to another practice. If you need to change to another participating practice, a new contract will be required and the monthly fees may be different.
16. Treatment outside of your Contract
Your Contract does not prevent you and your practice agreeing that they will provide treatment outside your entitlement under your Contract. You will be responsible for paying for such treatment directly to your practice.
Premier Vet Alliance administers Premier Vet Alliance’s registrations and collects monthly fees on your practice’s behalf.
Your Contract is not with Premier Vet Alliance and Premier Vet Alliance accepts no liability to you (whether in respect of negligence, breach of contract, defective or unsatisfactory treatment, or otherwise) in connection with any contract it administers on your
practice’s behalf. Premier Vet Alliance has no obligation to pay to your practice any payment fees not received by us or any other monies owed by you.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of your pet’s veterinary care, you should approach your practice directly.
Any notice given to you by your practice under these terms and conditions is considered valid if Premier Vet Alliance gives it to you on your practice’s behalf. Any notice given by your practice or Premier Vet Alliance is valid if sent to your last known address by ordinary post.
20. Your personal data
The main purpose for which we hold and use personal data is to enable us to administer your Payment Plan. We also use personal data for market research, to improve our services to you and our other customers, to comply with legal obligations which we are subject to, to protect our
interests and for fraud detection and prevention. Whilst administering your Payment Plan, we may receive and share personal data with:
• other relevant persons involved in dealing with your Payment Plan
For example, your veterinary practice dealing with a query regarding your Payment Plan
• persons appointed by the Payment Plan holder and/or under a Power-of-Attorney for a period
For example, the pet’s owner when different to the Payment Plan holder.
We may provide your personal data to persons who provide services to us – this can include companies operating outside the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area, and to persons engaged in fraud detection and prevention. We operate strict procedures to ensure that your personal data is kept safe and secure. Where we have your agreement, we may use your personal data to provide you with offers of products and services from The Animal Healthcare Company and other carefully selected partners.
You have the right to know what personal data we hold about you, why we hold it and what we do with it, how long we keep it and to whom we may disclose it. If you wish to find out any of these things or to advise us of a change to your personal data then please write to: The Data
Protection Officer, Premier Vet Alliance Limited, New Bond House, Bristol BS2 9AG. Please note that a small charge may apply.
21. Complaints Procedure
Should you have any cause for complaint about the administration of your Direct Debit then please contact: Premier Vet Alliance Limited, New Bond House, Bristol BS2 9AG.
Telephone: 0117 370 0300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
22. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
You and we agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and you and we hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusivemjurisdiction of the English Courts.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
• This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay
• If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Premier Vet Alliance will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Premier Vet Alliance to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Premier Vet Alliance or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society – If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Premier Vet Alliance asks you to.
• You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
Premier Pet Care Plan – administered by PetsApp
These Terms of Service (the “Terms”) are a binding legal agreement between you and Wallace Vets of Broughty Ferry Limited, with company number SC516357 and registered office at 285 Queen Street, Broughty Ferry, Dundee, DD5 2HT (“Practice,” “we,” “us” and “our”). They govern your subscription to the applicable pet health plan that we offer, such plan covering the treatment specified by us to you upon you subscribing for such plan (the “Premium Pet Care Plan”) and shall be read as a supplement to any existing terms and conditions and/or agreement between us.
By subscribing for the Premium Pet Care Plan you accept these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms you should not accept them. IN PARTICULAR PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION WHICH AUTO-RENEWS. IF YOU CANCEL PARTWAY THROUGH A YEAR YOU WILL STILL BE LIABLE FOR CERTAIN FEES (SEE PARAGRAPHS 4 AND 5 BELOW). PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT FEES MAY CHANGE AS A RESULT OF YOUR PET’S WEIGHT AND/OR OTHER FACTORS CHANGING – SEE PARAGRAPH 9 BELOW.
You understand and agree that we may change the Terms and that any such changes will be effective immediately when we notify you of such changes. Your continued access and use of the Wellness Plan after we post the modified Terms will constitute your agreement to be bound by the modified Terms.
Premium Pet Care Plan
- By subscribing to the Premium Pet Care Plan, your Pet (being the animal named as the specific beneficiary of the Premium Pet Care Plan), shall be entitled to receive the treatment specified by us as being included in such Premium Pet Care Plan. We shall inform you, on you subscribing for the Premium Pet Care Plan, of the applicable items included and, if applicable, excluded in connection with such Premium Pet Care Plan. By subscribing to the Premium Pet Care Plan you may also be entitled to discounts on other treatments and/or retail goods, however this is not guaranteed.
- Subscription to the Premium Pet Care Plan does not entitle your Pet to: (a) any insured benefit and these Terms are not a substitute for pet insurance; (b) any treatment provided by the Practice outside normal business hours and/or the Practice’s business location; and/or (c) any treatment carried out after termination or expiry of these Terms.
- The Premium Pet Care Plan is available to your Pet only and is not transferable to another pet or to any other veterinary practice. Any treatment that your Pet receives by any practice other than the Practice shall not be covered by the Premium Pet Care Plan.
Duration and Termination
- Your subscription to the Premium Pet Care Plan shall commence on the date that you sign-up to the Wellness Plan and shall continue for an initial period of one year, unless otherwise terminated early in accordance with these Terms. At the end of this initial term or any renewal term, your subscription shall automatically continue for further yearly periods unless either of us terminate it no later than one month prior to the end of the initial term or any renewal term (as applicable). If you wish to terminate your subscription part-way through the year you may do so but shall be charged retrospectively for the full price of any products and services received during the course of your membership to the termination date, minus any fees received to date.
- Either party may terminate your subscription to the Premium Pet Care Plan for breach of these Terms by the other party, subject to providing the breaching party with written notice of the breach and permitting such party a 30 day period to remedy such breach prior to termination. If you terminate for our breach then you shall not be liable for any further fees under these Terms. If we terminate for your breach then you shall be charged retrospectively for the full price of any products and services received during the course of your membership to the termination date, minus any fees received to date.
- You shall pay the applicable monthly fee for the Premium Pet Care Plan by direct debit (facilitated by Stripe), such direct debit being charged on the date on which you subscribe to the Premium Pet Care Plan and each month thereafter. You shall be charged such price as shall be displayed to you in accordance with our pricing from time to time for that applicable Premium Pet Care Plan, subject to factors such as your pet’s species, age and weight. Your pet shall still be entitled to receive treatment outside the scope of the Premium Pet Care Plan and such fees shall be charged in accordance with our normal fee terms and conditions.
- By agreeing to these Terms, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Services Agreement, as the same may be modified by Stripe from time to time. As a condition of us enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you agree to provide us with accurate and complete information about you and your business, and you authorise us to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe.
- We may change the terms of your Premium Pet Care Plan and any associated fees prior to the start of your new yearly subscription, subject to always providing you with one month’s prior written notice of the same, such notice being sent to your registered e-mail address. If you do not accept such changes then you may terminate these Terms in accordance with paragraph 5 above. Any changes in fees will then commence with effect from the start of your next subscription period. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have an up to date e-mail address on our system so that you receive any such notices accordingly.
- We may also change our fees as a result of your pet’s weight and/or other health specifics changing. Such change in fees shall be notified to you in writing and shall take effect on the date specified by us in such notice.
- All other fees due to us for any treatments not covered under the Premium Pet Care Plan shall be payable directly to us and shall not be covered by these Terms.
- Should you need to change your bank details or Direct Debit collection date you must notify us at least 10 working days prior to the next fee collection date.
- If you do not pay the fees for the Premium Pet Care Plan on time in accordance with these Terms, this shall be deemed a material breach of these Terms. After a failed Direct Debit payment, Stripe will re-present the payment request to your bank after 3-5 working days. If the second payment request also fails, a second administration charge may be added to your account. A third and final payment request will be made to your bank after a further 3-5 working days. If this payment request is unsuccessful we shall automatically terminate your access to the Premium Pet Care Plan and shall charge you the full price of any products and services received during the course of your membership, minus any membership fees received to date.
- By accessing and using the Premium Pet Care Plan, you certify that you: (1) are 18 years of age or older, and (2) will comply with all laws and regulations applicable to your use of the Premium Pet Care Plan.
- You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to ensure that your Pet attends the Practice on a regular basis, including for health checks, flea/tick and worm control and vaccinations. If we recommend a particular course of treatment and/or advice, you shall comply with it in accordance with our directions. If we do not consider that you are adhering to our instructions and/or otherwise are not able to maintain your Pet’s health because of your own actions and/or omissions, we may terminate these Terms with immediate effect.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we expressly disclaim all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, with respect to the Premium Pet Care Plan, including any implied warranties relating to satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose.
- We shall only be liable to you in relation to compensating you for loss or damage that is a foreseeable result of us breaching these Terms and, in such instance, only up to a maximum of 12 times the monthly fees payable by you to us in connection with the Premium Pet Care Plan.
- Where we use a third party, such as PetsApp Ltd (“PetsApp”) to administer the Premium Pet Care Plan on our behalf, you acknowledge and agree that PetsApp (or such other third party) is merely an administrator of such Premium Pet Care Plan and has no liability to you whether in respect of tort (including negligence), breach of contract, defective or unsatisfactory treatment in connection with the Premium Pet Care Plan and/or any part of it. If you have a dispute with us you shall come directly to us and not PetsApp.
- Nothing in these Terms will be construed as making either party the partner, joint venturer, agent, legal representative, employer, contractor or employee of the other. Neither party will have, or hold itself out to any third party as having, any authority to make any statements, representations or commitments of any kind, or to take any action, that will be binding on the other, except as provided for herein or authorised in writing by the party to be bound. The invalidity, illegality or un-enforceability of any term or provision of these Terms will in no way affect the validity, legality or enforceability of any other term or provision of these Terms. In the event a term or provision is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and these Terms will be enforceable as so modified. These Terms represent the entire agreement between us and you in connection with the Premium Pet Care Plan.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, except that if you live in a country (which, for these purposes, includes Scotland or Northern Ireland) of the European Union other than England, there may be certain mandatory applicable laws of your country which apply for your benefit and protection in addition to or instead of certain provisions of English law. You further agree that any dispute between you and us regarding these Terms will be dealt with only by the English courts, except that if you live in a country (which, for these purposes, includes Scotland or Northern Ireland) of the European Union other than England, you can choose to bring legal proceedings either in your country or in England, but if we or another party bring legal proceedings, such proceedings may only be brought in your country.