1. All fees are payable at time of treatment, time of collection of medication or collection of or for your pet. We offer a Fixed Payment Plan which must be arranged in advance of any treatment or procedures with either a Vet or the Practice Manager, and is at their discretion.
2. Payment is acceptable in the form of credit/debit cards (Maestro/Solo/MasterCard/Visa/Visa Delta/Visa Debt/AMEX) in person or online, cash payments or BACS transfer.
3. We reserve the right to withdraw treatment due to lack of payment, this may result in Veterinary treatments being withheld and released on limited bases and at the discretion of the Vet and for medical reasons. ‘Wallace Veterinary Centres’ cannot be held responsible for adverse effects on the animal due to failure of the owner to administer the appropriate medication (for whatever reason).
4. The settlement of the full cost of any treatment or procedure is the responsibility of registered client to whom any charges have been applied to the medical record of any of their register pets. This cannot be transferred or invoiced to a third party. Any dispute in the responsibility of the cost of treatment would be a civil dispute between any two parties and not the responsibility of ‘Wallace Veterinary Centres’.
5. ‘Wallace Veterinary Centres’ reserve the right to apply an administrative charge for non-forthcoming late payment. We also retain the right (after due notice) to refer non-paying clients to a debt collection agency.
6. ‘Wallace Veterinary Centres’ is comprised of Wallace Vets Limited and Wallace Vets of Broughty Ferry Limited.
We want our practices to be a safe, calm and healthy environment for pets, owners and staff at all times. Our committed and dedicated staff are our most valuable asset. Any verbal or physical abuse or harassment of them is totally unacceptable. As such, we have a Zero Tolerance policy.
This means that aggressive or violent behaviour towards our staff or any member of the public within our practices will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
Anyone giving verbal abuse to members of staff, either in person, over the telephone or online will be sent a letter from our Operations Manager advising that this behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in them and their pets being removal from our client list.
There will be no appeal process.
Please help us to ensure that Wallace Veterinary Centres remain safe environments for everyone.
All calls to and from our practices are recored onto a secure encrypted platform for the following reasons:
- To ensure we are providing our clients with the best quality of service
- To identify any training needs
- To address any incidents inline with our Zero Tolerance policy
- In the instance of any complaints against our employees relating to telephone conversations
2. About Cookies
2.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
2.2 Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
2.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
2.4 Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
3. Our Cookies
3.1 We use only session cookies on our website.
3.2 The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
4. Analytics Cookies
4.1 We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website.
4.2 Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
4.3 The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
5. Blocking Cookies
5.1 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
(a) in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
(b) in Firefox (version 47) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
(c) in Chrome (version 52), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
5.2 Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
5.3 If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
6. Deleting Cookies
6.1 You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
(a) in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at https://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11);
(b) in Firefox (version 47), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
(c) in Chrome (version 52), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
6.2 Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
7. Cookie Preferences
8. Our Details
8.1 This website is owned and operated by Wallace Vets Limited.
8.2 We are registered in Scotland under registration number SC437224, and our registered office is at 285 Queen Street, Broughty Ferry, Dundee, DD5 2HT.
8.3 Our principal place of business is at 285 Queen Street, Broughty Ferry, Dundee, DD5 2HT.
We pride ourself on giving the best personal service and animal care possible.
Your comments, feedback and suggestions are important to help us learn from what we are getting right and where we need to improve.
If you have encountered any problems with our services, please let us know:
- In the first instance, speak to the Vet in charge of your pet’s care – they may be able to resolve your concern there and then.
- If they are unavailable, please discuss your concerns with any member of our team who will only be too happy to help.
- Alternatively, you are welcome to contact our Manager using the form on our contact us page. Please ensure you provide us with the full information.
- In general, if you have a concern, it is best to raise it as soon as possible – this will make it easier for us to investigate and resolve any matters, which are still ongoing.
- If any of our staff were involved, it would be helpful if you can provide us with their names.
- We will treat any point you raise in confidentiality. Upon receiving your complaint, we will aim to contact you to find out more. Please let us know the most convenient time to contact you. We may need to investigate the matter further before being able to reach a conclusion; if that is the case we will do our best to look into it as quickly as possible and will reply to you as soon as we are able.
- In normal circumstances, we would aim to have addressed your complaint within 14 days of receiving it.